In order to participate in this competition, you only need to follow these steps to get started:
- Sign up in the website to be able to participate, play and submit controllers to the competition.
- Join our Google group to be kept up to date on the latest updates and notifications.
- Download the code and documentation from our software section, which contains the vgdl framework and some sample controllers. The framework is implemented in Java, and it only allows Java controllers in this edition of the competition.
- The requirements for a valid controller for the GVG-AI Competition are as follows:
- Create a package which name is the username you used to register in this website.
Implement a Java class that extends core.player.AbstractPlayer.java. You must implement at least two methods:
- A public constructor that receives two parameters, in this order: (StateObservation, ElapsedCPUTimer).
- Override the method act that receives two parameter, again (StateObservation, ElapsedCPUTimer) and returns the action (from the enum Types.ACTIONS) to apply.
- You are suggested to have a look at the sample controllers within the framework for examples of valid players.
- To submit or update your controller, you must go to the submit section and upload a zip file with your Java code. The server will put your controller in an execution queue and, when its turn comes, it will compile, execute and update the results in the rankings section.
- If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact us for help. Also, check our documentation pages for the GVG-AI framework and competition rules.
- Go Home -