The GVG-AI Framework
- The constructor of the agent must return before 1 second has passed after is called, or it will be disqualified from the level played.
- The controller has 40 milliseconds to return an action when the act function is called.
- Should the agent return the action after the time runs out, the following two situations may occur:
- If the call took between 40 and 50ms, the action applied will be ACTIONS.ACTION_NIL.
- If the call took more than 50ms, the controller will be disqualified from that game. The consequence of this is losing the game, and getting a score of -1000 points.
- Important rule: Controllers must always aim for the 40ms target. Aiming, on purpose, for the 50ms to enjoy more computational time is considered an unsportsmanlike behaviour, and it will cause the disqualification of the controller from the competition. You should take into account that the purpose of this time slot 40-50ms is to prevent your controller from being disqualified too often because of miscalculations during the action time.
- Important: Submitting to the competition implies that you agree that the source of your software will be available to the public for downloading when the competition is over.
- All controllers and generators must be written in Java.
- Java-VGDL uses JDK 1.7. You should have this version of Java installed in your computer to be sure that your controller/generator will execute correctly in the server. Please go to Oracle's site to download this version of the JDK. If you are uing Ubuntu, you might find this link useful to keep your version updated.
- Submission of software must be made in a zip file and can include as many Java files as you need for the execution of the agent. You do not need to include the framework code in your submission, only the package with your controller/generator.
- Samples are supplied in order to ease the creation of controllers and generators. You can find the framework with these samples in the software section.
- Multi-threading is not allowed.
- Reading from files is allowed, although writing to them is only allowed if it is done in the own directory.
- A forward model is provided to the controllers and generators in order to have access to the game state during execution. Any attempt to modify the real state of the game, other than the required actions to control the agent or generator, will end with the disqualification of the user from the whole competition.
- Likewise, any attempt to damage or disrupt the controllers or generators and results of other competitors goes against the sport and research spirit of the competition, and the responsible/s of such actions will be banned for this and future editions of the GVG-AI Competition.
- Go Home -